Register Now: 2nd Annual Kawartha Farm Stewardship Workshop
We’d love to hear from you! If you’ve got a question, comment, or suggestion for future events or programming that you’d be interested in, please let us know!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form below:
2nd Annual Kawartha Farm Stewardship Workshop
Presented by the Kawartha Farm Stewardship Collaborative
When: Saturday March 1, 2014, 9:30am - 3:00pm (Sign-in at 9:00am)
Where: Crestwood Secondary School, Peterborough (Here's a map!)
Cost: $27/person (hot lunch included!)
Are you a farmer or farmland owner?
Then join us for this informative, full-day workshop that will showcase the great stewardship work happening in east central Ontario, and teach you about the various sources of funding and technical assistance available for on-farm stewardship projects across the region.
Topics will include:
- The benefits of trees, windbreaks and shelterbelts on the farm (Glenn McLeod, Trees Ontario)
- Pollinator planting projects (Bob Irvine, farmer)
- Pond and wetland restorations (Tricia Rudy, farmer)
- Pasture management (Scott Honey, farmer)
- Cost-share funding programs (OSCIA representatives)
- Breakout project planning sessions with stewardship experts
Pre-registration is required by February 25th.
To purchase tickets, head to:
For more details, to advise us of any dietary restrictions, or to register by telephone, please contact Jay Adam:
email@example.com | (705) 743-7671