East Central Farm Stewardship Collaborative - Stewardship Resources
FARM STEWARDSHIP RESOURCES
Community Stream Steward Program - Resources & Publication
Coldwater streams, trout habitat creation, bank stabilization, riparian buffer zones, and more:
Eastern Ontario Model Forest (EOMF)
EOMF has a new website designed for private woodlot owners to learn about forest certification, and to easily follow a stepped process that guides them through certifying their woodlots under the well-established EOMF Forest Certification Program
Maple Leaves Forever
OMAFRA Best Management Practices Series
This is an award-winning series of innovative publications that:
- presents affordable options for protecting soil and water resources on the farm;
- supports individuals farm planning and decision-making in the short and long term;
- harmonizes productivity, business objectives and the environment;
- is available in both English and French;
- presents a range of circumstances and options to address a particular environmental concern - use the information to assess what's appropriate for your property.
Details and orders from OMAFRA at the link below:
OMAFRA Windbreak Resources
videos and articles on creating and maintaining multifunctional windbreaks and information on the benefit of windbreaks for all types of farms.
Ontario Invasive Plant Council - Resources & Publications
Information and fact sheets on various invasive species; horticultural materials and landowner manuals; various publications offered by OIPC's partner organizations.
Ontario Nature - Resources & Publications
Ontario Nature-Includes Atlases, Checklists, Fact sheets, and Identification guides on plants, wildlife, and more:
Ontario Professional Foresters' Association
Looking for a forestry consultant? This organization licenses foresters to practice professional forestry in Ontario, and lists members in a consultant directory on their website.
Ontario Woodlot Association - Resources & Publications
Logging, selling standing timber, endangered and invasive species, disease and pest management, and more. Also available are links to over 50 extension notes on various woodlot topics.