How to get money and advice to run a summer business in Ontario.
Run through the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment, Summer Company is a program designed to provide entreprenneurial students across Ontario with funding and technical assistance to help them start their own businesses.
Successful applicants will receive up to $3,000 in startup capital, as well as on-going advice from local leaders in business.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- students in Ontario (returning to school in the fall)
- residents of Ontario
- Canadian citizens (or permanent residents)
- between the ages of 15-29
- not already running their own business
- not working more than 12 hours per week during the program period (typically June/July - Labour Day)
For more information on the program, and for details about the application process, head to: http://www.ontario.ca/business-and-economy/start-summer-business-students