FCC Ag Knowledge Exchange Double Header
What You Should Know Before You Buy or Rent Farmland
Acquiring farmland is a complicated decision. You’ll get answers to common questions and be confident you’re getting the right land the right way, at the right time and for the right reasons.
Benefits of attending:
- discover whether you should buy or rent
- learn about the different costs of owning and renting
- understand financing options and how interest rates affect payments
- gain insight into the tax implications of buying farmland
- identify practical considerations that will impact your decision
- understand why it matters whose name you put on the title
How to Increase Profits Without Increasing Farm Size
Today's moderate-sized farms can be very profitable. Land and quota are big investments, so finding ways to add profitability to your existing production base becomes increasingly important.
Benefits of attending
- understand how cost of production relates to profitability
- explore strategies for optimizing yield
- gain insight into cost control options
- discover the benefits of different farm structures
- learn how family dynamics can impact efficiency
- explore examples of agricultural activities that can add profit
Lunch is being served.