Implement Day at Foote Farm in Janetville
When: WED., OCT 12, 2011, from 10 am-4pm
Where: Foote Farm, 253 Gray Rd., Janetville (For directions see below)
Hands-on Implement demonstrations will include
- BCS Rototiller with various attachments
- Horse team plowing
- Set up and use of cultivator, disc, plow on a tractor
- Set up and use of a 3-horse hitch cultivator
If you have a useful/innovative implement that you’d like to demonstrate, please feel free to bring it along. Lunch will be potluck. Bring your own utensils, plates, and mugs.
A donation of $10 would be much appreciated to cover the cost of trucking horses and machinery to the farm on that day.
Directions: REGARDLESS OF WHAT GOOGLE OR A GPS MAY TELL YOU, DO NOT TAKE GRAY RD FROM HWY 35…IT IS AN UNASSUMED RD IN VERY POOR SHAPE!
- From Hwy 35 , turn on 7A towards Port Perry(left if you are going N on Hwy 35, right if you are going S on Hwy 35).
- Turn left onto Century Farm Rd.
- Take your first right onto Gray Rd. The farm is at the top of the hill on the right hand side, 253 Gray Rd.
All are welcome!