To promote healthy and active farmland in east central Ontario
In order to accomplish this, we strive to:
- Support farmers in diversification and expansion to ensure that farmland stays in production
- Attract new farmers to the region
- Ensure access to local farmer training opportunities
- Provide opportunities for new and establishing farmers to integrate into the agricultural community through mentorship, internship and events
- Support access to farmland and financing by new farmers
- Engage farmland owners who are non-farmers in active use of their land for agricultural purposes
- Create partnerships and outreach that result in on-the ground farm stewardship in the region.
Farms at Work is a project on MakeWay's shared platform, which provides operational supports, governance, and charitable expertise for changemakers. The shared platform enables more time and money to go towards achieving greater impact. MakeWay is a national charity that builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together.
Accessibility Policy and Plan
Farms at Work is committed to principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. For more information please see MakeWay's Accessibility Policy and Plan.