News & Events
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated people who want to help us work towards a healthy future for the farming community in our region. Join our Steering Committee (like a Board) and roll up your sleeves for a three-year term! Find all the details here: Callout for FAW Steering Committee 2020
The Farm Work Job Fair was a great success with informative presentations, a diversity of farms in attendance and networking opportunities for job seekers. Thanks to Trent Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Society , the Workforce Development Board and Trent University Careerspace . If you are looking for a job on a farm or have a position available, please click here: https://www.farmsatwork.ca/find_farm_work
Looking for on-farm work experience? Need to hire staff?
Join us Tuesday, February 11 for:
- An overview by the Workplace Development Board of their recent report on jobs in food and agriculture in this region
- A summary of relevant farm employment regulations (ESA, WSIB, OHSA)
- Information from local farms about their upcoming farm jobs
- A networking opportunity for employers and job seekers to meet and discuss work for the coming season.
Job seekers are FREE. Employers $20. Thanks to Trent University for providing the space for this event.
Registration required. Click here to register: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/farm-work-job-fair-tickets-90417113019
Farms at Work is hosting a discussion about the issues and options for grading eggs for market and you are invited.
Join us on January 9, 2020 at 7pm at 270 George Street N. in Peterborough.
At this evening discussion, you will:
1. Hear what issues and conclusions came out of Farms at Work's feasibility study for a local, community-based egg grading facility
2. Learn about egg grading options we know of in this region (maybe you know more!)
3. Hear about a new egg grading facility in southwestern Ontario and how they propose to help producers across the province.
Coffee and light dessert provided.
Pre-registration in required. Your $5 ticket can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/grading-eggs-for-market-issues-and-options-tickets-80765157761
Hosted by the Peterborough Agricultural Roundtable
Be a part of the solution! This session is for farmers and their families. Every farm should have a partner trained in mental health awareness and safeTALK - a program that prepares community members to be suicide alert helpers for family and friends.
Your $30 ticket (payable at the door) includes supper/dinner starting at 5:30. The program will start promptly at 6:00.
Wednesday November 27th – 5:30 to 9:00 p.m.
Bridgenorth Community Hall
Space is limited to 30 participants and registration is required.
RSVP as soon as possible by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or register online here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/safetalk-suicide-awareness-tickets-81861563139