REGISTER NOW! – Upcoming Events
Local Food Business Networking Event – Whitby, February 28th
This "business-to-business" local food networking event is for local producers, processors, restaurants, caterers, retail stores, and institutions looking to make business connections.
- farmers - showcase your product to 20-30 buyers from eastern GTA & Durham region. You will be matched up with buyers for targeted “speed-meetings”.
- buyers - meet farmers in east central Ontario that are selling what you need in targeted mini-meetings
- learn about 20 new & emerging crops
- enjoy a 3-course lunch at Bistro'67
Registration is limited, and pre-registration is required.
For more information and to register: www.eventbrite.ca/e/local-food-business-networking-event-tickets-42801623809 or call 705-743-7671
SAVE THE DATE! – Upcoming Soils Workshop Series – March 21st & 22nd!
The East Central Farm Stewardship Collaborative is hosting two engaging and informative workshops in March.
- Mike Buis: keynote speaker on integrating pasturing of cover crops into a cash crop system
- Learn about the Ontario Soil Network!
- Bring your soil test results – plan your nutrient requirements for 2018!
- Bring your laptop – learn how to develop a multi-layered map of your farm!
- Farmer panel
More details to come soon … be sure to save these dates:
March 21st – Woodville
March 22nd – Alderville
Call for Vendors!
The Lakefield Farmers’s Market is now taking applications for the 2018 market season. They are a verified local market. Visit their website and complete an application by March 3rd 2018.
Looking for Farm Work? Looking for Land?
Check out the listings on Farms at Work's website today!